With increased pressure from legislators around the world, data privacy is rapidly becoming an integral part of the overall information security challenge and increasing the complexity significantly. To ensure the ability to manage both asset life cycles and the data life cycle in traditional end-points, new mobile and IoT devices, as well as in the public and private cloud, new partnerships and technical solutions are required. This session will use detailed case studies to illustrate how regulated data can be targeted for compliant end-of-life in AWS and Azure public clouds. The presentation will also focus on how global trends require new integrations and cross-vendor cooperation to ensure operational efficiency and best practice processes align with new data protection policies, and the overall enterprise security agenda. Key session takeaways include:
- Overview of new privacy legislation and initiatives around the world.
- Updates on software-based technology and processes to handle both magnetic HDD storage as well as SSD storage.
- Challenges with physical destruction to achieve data sanitization.
- How best practices can incorporate both automation and integration into third-party asset management solutions like ServiceNow.
- How global guidelines have moved from DoD to NIST 800-88 r1 as the leading reference point.